In this book, Scott Soames defends the revolution in philosophy led by Saul Kripke, Hilary Putnam, and David Kaplan against attack from those wishing to revive descriptivism in the philosophy of language, internalism in the philosophy of mind, and conceptualism in the foundations of modality. Soames explains how, in the last twenty-five years, this attack on the anti-descriptivist revolution has c...
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Princeton University Press (January 22, 2007)
Product Dimensions: 6.1 x 0.9 x 9 inches
Amazon Rank: 3523567
Format: PDF Text TXT book
reviews: Semantic two-dimensionalism is, roughly, the view that (certain) sentences expresses two propositions, or have two sets of intensions, one that serves as argument to epistemic operators, the other as argument to e.g. modal operators. The first, "prim...
- Reference and Description: The Case against Two-Dimensionalism epub
- Download Reference and Description: The Case against Two-Dimensionalism epub
- Reference and Description: The Case against Two-Dimensionalism text
- 978-0691130996 epub
- Download Scott Soames pdf
- Download Scott Soames ebooks
- Download Politics and Social Sciences epub ebooks
As a language, Scala offers a lot to like: object orientation, pattern matching, rich lexical extens...
When I bought this, I was a huge fan of Aaron. the book contains lots of info about him, which also ...